Monday, August 4, 2008

Homeschooling

Well it was a tough decision, but we decided to put all our kids back in homeschooling. We have been blessed with knowing so many good families both in our ward and from our neighborhood who home school. The majority use the Thomas Jefferson Education Model described by Oliver DeMille. My wife just got done reading his other book, Leadership Education: Phases in Learning. She is so passionate and excited about this that even with challenges and uncertainties, I could not say no. I haven’t seen her this passionate and excited in a while. My excitement is that I really want to teach my children the basics of literacy and math, but greater yet, the morality of character. The future of our country is “uncertain”. The foundations of morality, character, leadership, and integrity that built this great country are vanishing in place of materialism, power, greed, deceit, “experts”. The only hope is to do the best we can to counter this and raise children who can be great and good leaders. I’m excited about this too. We’ll keep you posted.

1 comment:

Nicolay Family said...

I am so happy you guys decided to do this, I could tell that Elisa really felt it was important. This choice is the higher road, I'm proud of you guys for taking it.