Saturday, August 9, 2008

Group 1 Crew



I’m dead tired but I have to take a moment and say how awesome it was to meet one of my favorite groups, Group 1 Crew. Many may not know my past history and my interest in popular music. I love music and especially funk, dance, and hip hop/R&B. But nowadays the lyrics and messages in this music is horrendous. About a few months ago I came across a group on Itunes called Group 1 Crew. I listened to song that was played on the TV Show One Tree Hill various times, called Forgive Me. It moved me to tears. Not only was the beat and track so awesome but the lyrics sang right to me. Since then I’ve been hooked, but never as much as today. I decided to pack the family and travel 3 and 1/2 hours to Milan, TN to see them perform live. It was no disappointment. They were awesome. Pablo, a member of the group, gave such a stirring testimony about following one’s dreams and allowing God to lead one to serve a greater purpose. I was very touched by that especially during these times where I feel a bit disconnected with my life purpose. Even more awesome was the fact I got to talk to the group one on one and share my story with them. We had a great time talking and took some photos and got autographs. I even got to pre-order their new CD dropping Sept 16 for only $5. It was great! I pray they continue to have the success and strength to continue creating great music and inspiring young minds toward God.

2 comments:

Danielle said...

that is way cool!!

Nicolay Family said...

Any more posts...??? We want to know more!