Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Poor Jaidon


So our little one Jaidon is not almost ten months old and he sure does get around pretty well.  This evening he was playing in the living room.  One of the dangers we have with him are his brother and sisters.  Despite our best efforts to baby proof the home, they leave lots of great little toys and crap out for him to insert into his mouth, and he does so very well.  Our kids recently received buttons from the library that have safety pin backs and say read on the front.  Well Jaidon discovered one of these and must have thought it would be good to eat.  I found him crying.  At first his mouth and lips all looked black...I couldn't see well in the dim lighting of the living room.  As I got closer I could see the word READ in his mouth.  I went to try to get the button out of his mouth but I met resistance and more crying.  HE GOT THE PIN STUCK IN HIS TONGUE.  We panicked.  Fortunately with very little effort we safely got the pin out of his mouth and threw it away.  We are both very glad he is okay and very happy that this, hopefully, will be our last baby.  We're both getting too old for these adrenaline rushes:)

No comments: